Novela is reimagining and reinventing the wedding planning process for the modern couple.
We’re looking for a Weddings Associate to help us find, select, organize and curate beautiful wedding content for our site.
About the role
As a Weddings Associate, you’ll …
- Research wedding photographers and wedding planners in specific markets to learn about who the top performers are and then solicit real wedding submissions from them.
- Interact with photographers and planners and support them throughout the submission process.
- Cultivate vendor relationships with appropriate photographers that qualify to be represented on our platform.
- Curate beautiful real weddings and be responsible for editorial curation, reporting to the Senior Photo Editor.
- Ensure all of Novela's real weddings meet our high standards for quality, diversity, and integrity.
- Support the curation and editing of photo content on behalf of Novela's vendor listings and other site and marketing content.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Novela, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Weddings Associate if you:
- Are highly organized and have strong time management skills.
- Enjoy interacting with people and building long-term relationships and supporting the work of small business owners.
- Have experience working with various technology platforms such as CRMs, databases, marketing automation platforms, calendar tools, customer service apps, and similar tools.
- Are able to be results-oriented and keep up with an active to-do list and a fast-paced work environment.
- Have a creative eye and a fine arts training and background.
- Have excellent aesthetic taste and sensibilities.
- Have a growth mindset, a willingness to own problems, comfort with ambiguity, and a healthy balance of humility and confidence.
- Thrive working in a startup environment with a distributed workforce all over the world.
- Bonus: Have a keen interest in the wedding industry as well as experience working with small business owners in a business development capacity.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Novela is on a mission to reimagine and reinvent the wedding planning process for the modern couple. We're committed to creating a work environment that focuses on:
Flexibility & Autonomy - We'll give you maximum flexibility over your schedule and lots of autonomy over how you do your work.
Service & Mastery - We're committed to servant leadership, and providing you with the opportunity to develop mastery in your chosen discipline.
Growth & Purpose - We want you to have a real sense of purpose and myriad opportunities for growth as we reimagine and reinvent the $96 billion wedding industry.
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a part-time salaried position that is eligible to earn equity in the future.
- We provide remote employees with the equipment and resources they need to create a great remote work environment.
- We will offer you the support and training you need to help you grow as an impactful Weddings Associate and as a human being.
- This position can potentially evolve into a full-time role over time with associated benefits along with added responsibilities.
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for creating positive change in the world, we’d love to review your application. We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving every day. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.