Vendor Relations Manager
Novela is reimagining and reinventing the wedding planning process for the modern couple.
We’re looking for a Vendor Relations Manager to help us manage our wedding vendor relationships.
About the role
As a Vendor Relations Manager, you’ll …
- Research wedding vendors in specific markets to learn about who the top performers are across the major vendor categories (venues, caterers, photographers, planners & coordinators, floral designers, and tents & rentals providers).
- Reach out to specific vendors to inform them about Novela and learn more about their businesses.
- Cultivate vendor relationships and schedule onboarding calls with appropriate vendors that qualify to be represented on our platform.
- Help onboard new vendors by ensuring Novela has all the information and real-time access we need to properly market our vendor partners to our couples.
- Support the client acquisition process on behalf of our wedding vendor partners and our couples throughout their planning process.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Novela, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Vendor Relations Manager if you:
- Are highly organized and have strong time management skills.
- Enjoy interacting with people and building long-term relationships and supporting the work of small business owners.
- Have experience working with various technology platforms such as CRMs, databases, marketing automation platforms, calendar tools, customer service apps, and similar tools.
- Are able to be results-oriented and keep up with an active to-do list and a fast-paced work environment.
- Have a solid understanding of all things related to online marketing and client acquisition.
- Are a self-starter who can deeply collaborate with others, communicate proactively, and manage your own time well.
- Have a growth mindset, a willingness to own problems, comfort with ambiguity, and a healthy balance of humility and confidence.
- Thrive working in a startup environment with a distributed workforce all over the world.
- Believe that those who embrace the Oxford comma are on the right side of history, and know how to follow, champion, and manage a style guide (and get others to as well).
- Bonus: Have a keen interest in the wedding industry as well as experience working with small business owners in a business development capacity.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Novela is on a mission to reimagine and reinvent the wedding planning process for the modern couple. We're committed to creating a work environment that focuses on:
Flexibility & Autonomy - We'll give you maximum flexibility over your schedule and lots of autonomy over how you do your work.
Service & Mastery - We're committed to servant leadership, and providing you with the opportunity to develop mastery in your chosen discipline.
Growth & Purpose - We want you to have a real sense of purpose and myriad opportunities for growth as we reimagine and reinvent the $96 billion wedding industry.
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a part-time or full-time salaried position that is eligible to earn equity.
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits (for full-time employees) and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses.
- We provide remote employees with the equipment and resources they need to create a great remote work environment.
- We will offer you the support and training you need to help you grow as an impactful Vendor Relations Manager and as a human being.
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for creating positive change in the world, we’d love to review your application. We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving every day. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.